Sunday, March 1, 2009

New Computer


We finally got a new computer after the old one truly gave up the ghost. We have bought three houses since we last bought a computer, so I guess it was time. I'm hoping that this shiny new machine will make it more possible for me to work from home instead of spending late nights at school. I'm also hoping it will help me do a better job of keeping in touch.

I've been doing a fairly good job keeping up with my New Year's resolutions using a website called Joe's Goals to track my progress. I think I'll make blogging one of my goals and see if that helps. Maybe if I don't wait months in between goals, posting again won't seem like such a big job.

Quick updates:

The House -- Still not done, but getting closer. Doug is laying tile in the new bathroom as I type.
The School -- We have over 120 applicants for the charter school! We've been doing frequent meetings with families and various community organizations and their response has been overwhelmingly positive and hopeful.
The Family -- Amy is settling into her new job and new life in Boulder. Mom may be coming to visit at the end of April when she and Don will be in Indiana for a conference. Jessica will be in Paris at this time two weeks from now. Kristin... not sure on the details; we haven't talked in a while.
The Husband -- Doug is still loving his job, working on the house when he has time and is training for a triathlon. He's crazy.

Love to all!
Heather

No comments: